In a vacuum drying oven, thermal processes occur in an airtight chamber where a desired level of vacuum has been applied using an external vacuum pump. With a vacuum oven the entire application can take place under vacuum or a controlled atmosphere can be created through the introduction of an inert gas.
Vacuum ovens are used in a variety of ways. Such as helping to prevent surface reactions (such as oxidation), sample decontamination (such as removing lubricants),
as well as for speeding up the out gassing process. When determining the process you will use for a vacuum oven bear in mind that you will need to size a pump to meet this application. This requires defining the appropriate chamber size, the level of vacuum desired, and how quickly you will need to reach that desired vacuum level.
An important consideration is what type of material will be processed. The Across International vacuum ovens come standard equipped with silicone gaskets. While these gaskets resist a wide variety of temperatures and pressures they can breakdown in the presence of solvents and acids. Below are some sample vacuum oven applications.
Out gassing liquids
Out gassing solids
Chemical resistance studies
Electronic process control
Drying of paper, rubber, and textiles
The new AccuTemp 0.9 cubic foot vacuum oven
now with Across International's new 3 sided heating system (left, right and bottom), together with aluminum shelves, they provide excellent temperature uniformity inside the oven chamber. Includes an adjustable gas back fill capability with needle valve and vent port, while the low proportional gain temperature controller keeps your oven temperature within +/- 1°F accuracy.
series digital desktop vacuum ovens feature a 0.9 cubic foot easy-to-clean stainless steel chamber with a large dual-layer tempered glass safety window and small footprint. AccuTemp ovens can greatly reduce drying time by maintaining a consistent vacuum level within the chamber.
Every one AccuTemp
vacuum ovens undergoes a 2-time 24-hour vacuum leak test, and is 100% quality controlled in the USA.
Attention: Before first use, run oven at 400°F without vacuum for 15 minutes to burn off any residue that may have been introduced during the manufacturing process.
- New 3-side heating system (left, right and bottom) and aluminum shelves provide excellent temperature uniformity.
- Adjustable gas back fill capability with needle valve and vent port.
- Best choice for curing and converting of oil extracts.
- With deep vacuum level, oven can operate at temperatures which allow the degassing/purging process to occur rapidly, increase productivity, produce superior quality products with minimal processing time.
- Dual layer observation window with 1/2" tempered safety glass.
- 3" thermal insulation prevents heat loss, minimizes the enclosure's outer surface temperature.
- Easy-to-clean stainless steel interior for exceptional durability and ease of maintenance.
- Built-in inch mercury vacuum gauge and circuit breaker.
- Built-in check valve prevents vacuum oil backflow.
- Built-in alarm alerts out of range temperature oven shut down by safety circuitry
- One year warranty and lifetime US-based parts and service support
- Guaranteed US based phone and email assistance within 30 minutes from Across International engineers
Manufactured in accordance with: ISO 9001:2000, ISO 12100-1:2003, ISO 12100-2:2003, EN1050:1996, EN294:1992, EN60204-1:2006, CE
Electrical requirements: 110V +/-10% 50/60Hz 1-PH 11A (or 220V +/-10% 50/60Hz 1-PH 5.5A)
Heaters: 1200 watts
Chamber material: Stainless steel
Temperature controller: Low proportional gain, PID control for hearter output by microcomputer
Temperature range: Ambient to 480°F (570°F Max for less than 30 minutes)
Temperature units : Fahrenheit or Celsius
Temperature accuracy: +/- 1°F
Temperature uniformity: +/- 7% of setpoint
Warm-up time to 100°F: 60 minutes
Dwelling timer range: 1-9999 minutes
Chamber dimensions: 12 x 12 x 11" (WxDxH)
Unit dimensions: 23.4 x 17.25 x 19" (WxDxH). With handle and vacuum port: 23.4 x 20 x 19" (WxDxH)
Shipping dimensions: 28 x 24 x 24" (WxDxH)
Vacuum level: Better than 500 microns/millitorrs
Maximum vacuum: 29.9" Hg (may vary based on your altitude, click here to learn more)
Vacuum gauge: 0 to 30" Hg
Vacuum connector: KF25 flange
Unit weight: 90 Lbs
Shipping weight: 150 Lbs
Shelves: Holds maximum 4 shelves
Distance between shelves: 2"
Door gasket material : Silicone
Observation window: 1/2" tempered safety glass
Safety: Built-in circuit breaker, overheat protector