The Air Cooled Reflector Lighting Kit includes:
- Sun System AC/DE 8 Inch Double Ended DE Air-Cooled Reflector
- Prism Lighting Science 1000w Double Ended (DE) Ballast 120/240v
- Philips Master DE Green Power Plus EL 1000W HPS 400V
- Smart Volt Power Cord -- 120V 6ft
- Grow Crew 1/8 inch Ratchet Light Hanger (Pair)
Sun System AC/DE 8 Inch Double Ended DE Air-Cooled Reflector
The Sun System AC/DE is made specifically for double ended 1000 watt HPS horticulture lamps. It's unique double ended construction allows for maximum optical efficiency and uniformity.
The AC/DE’s patent pending design allows removal of heat generated by the lamp without cooling the lamp below proper operating temperature. It has 95% reflective textured German aluminum interior with 98% reflective corner inserts that offer excellent uniformity, output, and diffusion. It has galvanized steel housing with durable powder coated finish. It is manufactured with exacting standards and double neoprene gaskets for an air tight seal. Hinged glass makes changing lamp and cleaning glass easy. It has a detachable 15’ lamp cord at the reflector and at ballast. The Sun System AC/DE comes with a 5 year warranty.
Compared to other air cooled double ended reflectors, the AC/DE does not directly air cool the lamp. Directly air cooling double ended bulbs decreases the lamps performance i.e., decreasing PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) levels. This is because double ended bulbs have nitrogen gas inside them that is more sensitive to temperature fluctuations. Decreases in temperature will cause your digital ballast to increase the power to the bulb in an effort to maintain its intensity, which will then make your ballast run more amperage and wattage to achieve the same brightness.
What are the benefits of Double Ended bulbs?
- Double Ended HPS bulbs degrade slower than traditional single ended HPS bulbs. In fact, after 10,000 hours double ended lamps will still output approximately 90% of their original intensity.
- Double Ended HPS bulbs are more stable than traditional single ended HPS bulbs, and this allows them to have a 10% increase in light intensity and PAR output over traditional single ended HPS bulbs.
- Double Ended HPS bulbs emit more UV and IR light than traditional single ended HPS bulbs, increasing the potency and essential oils of oil producing plants.
Prism Lighting Science 1000w Double Ended (DE) Ballast 120/240v
The Prism Lighting Science high frequency digital ballast features a 105 kHz microprocessor designed for optimizing the output of double ended (DE) lamps. Use 2100 micromole (Pro Plus) version lamps in this ballast to get the most out of your bulb and this ballast combination. Has soft start technology and dimmability from: 1150w, 1000w, 750w, and 600w. It's recommended you only run 1000w lamps in this ballast. This DE high frequency ballast is UL listed. The Prism Lighting Science ballast was made to have all the features and technology needed for optimal performance with none of the expensive frills in order to keep it priced as competitively as possible. Comes with 240v power cord (NEMA 6-15P). 120v power cord sold separately.
- Wattage: 1000W
- Input Volt: 120V/240V
- Input Current @ 1000W: 9.30A / 4.60A
- Input Current @ 1150W: 10.42A / 5.06A
- Input Power @ 1000W: 1085W / 1055W
- Input Power @ 1150W: 1250W / 1215W
- Min Power Factor: .99
- THD: <10%
- Crest Factor: <1.7
- Dimensions: 10.77" x 7.00" x 3.64"
- Weight: 4.0kg / 8.82 lb
- Ballast Dimming Type: 600, 750, 1000, 1150
- End of Life (EOL) Protection
- Short circuit protection
- Open circuit protection
- Ignition failure protection
- Thermal protection
Ballast Performance Requirements:
- Rated mains voltage: 120-240V
- Voltage range: (+/-10%): 108-264V
- Mains frequency: 50/60 hz
- Operation Frequency: 100-120kHz
Note: The Prism 1000w Ballast does not work with any Flipbox controllers including: Powerbox Flipbox, Horti-Control Flipbox, Lightspeed Flipbox, and more.
Philips Master GreenPower Plus EL double ended lamp
The Philips Master GreenPower Plus EL double ended lamp is a professional European made 400 V high frequency horticultural 1000 watt HPS lamp. It is nitrogen filled with a quartz glass outer jacket for perfect optical quality.
This lamp has an extremely high photosynthetic photon flux (ppf) at 2,100 μmol. It has no wire frame. It is only suitable for high frequency, high voltage electronic ballasts. Oil from your hands can damage the lamp. Please use a rag or gloves when handling and/or touching the glass of the bulb.