Sign up for our newsletter to receive exclusive discounts, promotions, and grow tips. We'll also keep you updated on the latest product releases.
- Maxicrop Liquid Fish 5-1-1As low as $30.20
- BioBizz Fish-MixAs low as $22.25
- Down To Earth - Shrimp Meal (6-6-0)Out of stock
- Primordial Solutions - Sea Green (1.0 - 0.5 - 4.0)As low as $357.63
- FoxFarm Bush Doctor Wholly Mackerel (3-1-0)As low as $14.51
- Nectar For The Gods - Triton's Trawl - Fishbone MealAs low as $11.51
- Down To Earth - Organic Crab Meal (4-3-0)As low as $15.65
- Down To Earth - Organic Bio-Fish (7-7-2)As low as $13.11
- Bloom Yellow Bottle - SeafuelAs low as $15.18
Fish-based nutrients come in both liquid and dry forms of fertilizer and play an important role in restoring the elements your grow may be lacking. Rich in organic matter, fish fertilizers break down slowly feeding soil microbes and your plants over time. So as soil health improves so too does soil fertility by providing the primary nutrients necessary for plants to thrive. Liquid fish based nutrients can effectively be used as foliar sprays. Growers using fish emulsions are reporting bigger crops, increased sugars, and better blooms. Fish-based fertilizer offers the immediate benefit of plant food with the long-lasting effect of increased microbial activity in the soil.
All-natural fish fertilizers are processed differently in the soil because they contain nutrients that must first be digested by organisms, like bacteria, earthworms, and fungi before they are available for your plant's roots to use. Fish fertilizers offer a source of burn-free nitrogen, along with the other primary nutrients of phosphorus and potassium.
Fish fertilizer is made from whole fish and carcass products, including bones, scales, and skin. Different types of fish are ground into a slurry and the liquid that remains after processing is the fish emulsion. Odor-free emulsions are commonly made using a “hydrolyzed” process, one that involves natural enzymes breaking down the material, rather than heat. Hydrolyzed emulsions claim to retain more amino acids and deliver both macro and micronutrients in a form more usable to plants and soil microbes. It’s this availability and the presence of micronutrients that make fish and seaweed emulsions so effective.