The AutoPot 8Pot System is extremely versatile and can be used for a wide range of plant types and sizes. Seasonal flowering plants and perennial shrubs thrive and produce an abundance of blooms and foliage because of the unique action of the AQUAvalve, which is designed to only give the plant the amount of water that it requires resulting in no wasted water or over/underfeeding.
Whatever medium you choose, the 8Pot system caters for gardeners and growers of all abilities guaranteeing great results. The 8Pot System is easily extended so many pots can be linked to a single reservoir. Once set up and the reservoir is filled with water & liquid feed, this adaptable, unfailing system will completely take care of all your plants needs with minimal monitoring.
- 1x 25 gallon FlexiTank Pro 25 gallon tank - Diameter when full of water: 17". Height when full of water: 29.5".
- 1x ½” click-fit tank adaptor & filter
- 19ft of ½” pipe
- 1x ½” in-line tap
- 4x ½"-¼" cross connector
- 8x 1Pot trays & lids
- 8x 3.9 gallon pot
- 8x AQUAvalve
- 13ft of ¼" pipe
- 8x Root Control Disc
Why use the AutoPot Watering System?
- No more daily watering, the system can be left unattended for weeks
- All our systems require no power, pumps or timers to operate
- Simple gravity pressure is all that is required from a reservoir or waterbutt
- One of the most water efficient irrigation systems worldwide
- Can be used to grow any crop varieties; edible or ornamental
- Adaptable and easily extended in minutes
- Environmentally sustainable
AutoPot Watering Systems USA are specialists in self-watering systems, with emphasis being strongly placed on efficiency and preservation. AutoPot Watering Systems USA delivers products that are considered one of the most environmentally friendly watering systems in the world to domestic, hydroponic and commercial markets. Our systems ensure this claim as the plant uses everything that is supplied to it; there is no loss of water, run-off or leakage!
There are a few things you must do before planting. The first and most important thing is to make sure you use the root control discs. You should use one for each pot. The root control disc is placed in the pot, gold face down. This root control disc will prevent roots from leaving the pot and heading towards the AQUAvalve. However it is prudent to keep an eye on any roots escaping and heading towards the AQUAvalve, if this happens, please simply remove the roots. This will not damage your plant in any way.
An ideal substrate for use in AutoPot systems is a 50% mix of perlite with either soil or coco. AutoPot Watering Systems have grown plants in a vast range of substrates from coral, to denim and pumice stone... we are now using the systems for aeroponic plant growth.
- WARNING: If using clay pebbles, whether at the bottom of the pot as additional drainage or as part of the mix, the clay pebbles must be pH stable. Be aware that certain brands are NOT pH stable and will increase the pH of the water in the tray dramatically affecting plant growth. If you are unsure whether your clay pebbles are pH stable, then the pebbles being used must be pre-soaked for a minimum period of 48 hours in pH water 4.5. This will stabilise the clay pebbles. Please ask your local store for further advice or contact AutoPot. *Clay pebbles should not be used alone as there is not enough capillary action in the clay pebbles to draw the water high up into the pot. Clay pebbles should always be used with additional substrates.
- Clay pebbles at the bottom of the pot can also be used as additional drainage if required to a level of 1". Please ensure that the clay pebbles are pH stable before use.
- Which ever substrate you decide to use, make sure its light, fluffy and free draining.
- All AutoPot Watering Systems are extremely versatile and can be used with the medium / substrate of your choice. Whether growing in soil, coco, or hydroponically our systems exceed all expectations.
- Pot up your plants, water through, then allow your plants to establish in the pots for a period of 7 to 10 days before turning your system on. This will encourage a stronger and healthier root system.
- Always raise your tank to a minimum of 150mm above the highest AQUAvalve and re-fill the tank when there is approximately a 1/3 of the solution left - NEVER ALLOW THE TANK TO RUN EMPTY.
- For best results, we recommend mineral fertilisers. Do not use organic fertilisers, as they have a tendency to block small pipe work.
- Clean all substrate from the bottom and sides of the pots before placing in each tray. This will ensure your system is clean from the start.